If you enjoy designing and writing software to solve complex problems, we want to hear from you! We are the ConnectShip subsidiary of UPS, and are looking for talented and motivated software engineers to join our innovative team.
We are looking for experienced coders for our product design and development teams. This individual provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). This small and dynamic environment offers a unique opportunity to showcase many diverse talents, including emerging technologies, web-based and hybrid development methodologies, back-end APIs, software design, and complex problem solving. This role collaborates with various teams to ensure effective communication while supporting deadline-driven objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and develop software, and support the development process through architecture, coding and debugging.
- Participate in product/software strategy and design decisions.
- Monitor current and emerging technologies, trends, and tools.
- Lead project-based software development teams.
- Interact with the requirements and QA functions.
- Coach and mentor other developers.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with C#, .NET Core and .NET application design.
- Understanding of software engineering principles and modern development technologies.
- Database experience (SQL Server and Oracle preferred).
- Work with other functions and departments (requirements, QA, deployment, build team, support and integration) throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science or related field.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.