Mission and Vision: Tulsa Public Schools is the destination for extraordinary educators who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers, and life. Our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals, and make positive contributions to our world.
Core Values: Our core values guide how we work and interact with each other at every level of the organization. We embrace and embody these values every day.
- Equity: All children deserve the opportunity to develop their full academic and social potential. Our diversity is a community treasure, and we must foster an inclusive environment by examining biases and resolving unfair practices.
- Character: We are honest, trustworthy, and have high standards of behavior. We do the right thing even when it is hard. While we do not always agree, we treat one another with kindness and respect.
- Excellence: We work hard together and expect a lot of one another because high standards produce exemplary knowledge, skills, abilities, and mindsets.
- Team: We care for one another, support the personal and professional development of one another, and work together to improve our community.
- Joy: Joy at school and at work makes us more productive because when we create, innovate, and imagine, our motivation grows. We want to ensure that everyone knows the excitement that comes from working deeply on a problem, task, or concept and experiencing breakthrough moments.
Position Summary: The Associate Application Developer supports in the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of application software to enhance Tulsa Public Schools ability to support students, teachers, staff, and school leaders. The individual in this role will have the opportunity to lead critical projects that contribute significantly to the district while receiving direct support and coaching from peers.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field; or the ability to demonstrate the necessary technical skills for the role
- Zero to three (0-3) years’ experience in information systems or the computer science field with the demonstrated ability to develop new technical skills
- Understanding of modern system and application development life cycle and large scale software implementation methodologies including agile and scrum
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven ability to work in crossfunctional matrix organizations
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, poise, and tact
- A belief that all students, from all socioeconomic and demographic backgrounds, are capable of academic success
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations.
- Assists with administration Tulsa Public School’s software development methodology
- Maintains technical documentation of code and processes
- Takes a lead on projects including the facilitation of the scrum process, delegation of tasks, and the management of time and resources
- Creates end-user and technical documentation
- Occasionally travels to school sites and other district office buildings
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Perform other tasks, duties, or services consistent with this position as assigned
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to recognize how current business processes can be improved through the use and application of technology
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements
- May research, analyze, recommend, and manage installation of purchased application software products
- Requires proficiency in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft technologies including Classic ASP, ASP.NET, C# and Visual Basic.NET
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a school system or within a school
- Experience with PowerSchool
- Experience with version control and issue tracking tools
- Experience with SharePoint and SharePoint Server
- Experience with Office 365
- Multilingual in English and Spanish