Job Title: Programming & Software Development Instructor (CSA)
Department: Francis Tuttle Technology Center Information Technology Reports Directly To: Director of Information Technology
Position Closing Date: November 27, 2019 (Position Re-opened) Job Group: P Salary Range: TBD
Must apply online. To complete application, click "apply" button to the right and above. Position closes at 3:30 p.m. CST on closing date
Select following link for extended job description: http://www.applitrack.com/francistuttle/onlineapp/1BrowseFile.aspx?id=11771
Primary Function of Position: Responsible for teaching a performance-based instructional program in Programming & Software Development and Project Lead the Way classes for the Computer Science Academy. Provides class instruction in accordance with the course program content. Works with the Computer Science Academy team of instructors to oversee all general management of instruction for high school students. Responsible for development and revision of course content, equipment selection, instructional materials, and teaching assignments. Assists students in setting career goals.
The Programming & Software Development Instructor will embrace the Francis Tuttle Culture as reflected in the Mission and Vision statements, and continually portray the Core Values: Service, Trust, Aspiration, Responsibility, and Respect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teaches students using individualized, project, and performance-based instruction methodologies consistent with effective teaching practices. Utilizes a variety of instructional delivery techniques. Evaluates student achievement based on objective tests, performance tests, simulations, and projects.
- Organizes and implements instructional activities conducive to student learning. Develops curricula to implement a project and performance-based instructional program. Insures curriculum delivery meets Francis Tuttle guidelines and procedures. Works with the Academic Center staff in providing educational services for students. Works with the Computer Science Academy team.
- Organizes and implements instructional activities to promote a climate conducive to effective learning. Maintains accurate student records, including attendance and progress reports, as required by district and state within identified timeframe. Maintains discipline and assists students in their learning process. Assists students pursuing further education and completing placement reports. Develops and maintains an active program Advisory Committee to ensure positive business and industry relationships and program marketability.
- Participates in the school’s Pathway to Excellence initiative to prepare students to be college and career ready. Completes annual follow-up reports as required by the district.
- Works cooperatively with the Career Planning Center and Career Readiness team to facilitate student recruitment, enrollment, and special instruction.
- Co-sponsors local student organization chapter of the Technology Student Association (TSA).
- Maintains professional competence and participates in school committees and in career technology education professional organizations.
- Ability to be present on the job as described under work conditions and contract details
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
o Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
o Must have a valid teaching certificate in Business Education from the State of Oklahoma or be eligible to apply for provisional/alternative teacher certification.
o Working knowledge of Java, C#, and SQL. o Detail oriented, highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills. o Ability to prioritize work load effectively while working in a time critical, high-pressure environment. o Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. • Preferred o Vocational endorsement. o Industry certifications in programming. o Three-five years prior teaching experience in Computer Science. o Functional knowledge of the Oklahoma Career Tech system.
Select following link for extended job description: CSA Programmer Job Description 11 13 19.pdf
Equal Opportunity E-Verify Employer