Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT) is seeking a frontend engineer to join the WeatherOps development team. You will be working with a tight-knit group of engineers and developers building the next generation weather visualization products and tools on the web. WDT is a Norman-based weather company focused on providing world class, decision support tools and products to a wide range of consumers and weather sensitive industries around the globe.
- Development for the WeatherOps Product: WeatherOps is a SaaS product built for weather risk mitigation. You will be a part of a team building new features and improving the current system.
- High level communication with stakeholders: The products you build impact a great number of individuals and corporations. You should be comfortable in communicating with internal and external stakeholders on new product features.
- Create wireframes/mockups of new features: Sketch, Photoshop or whatever design application you like should be just as important to you as your text editor.
- An eye for design: You should want to make things look better. You should also have the skills to create or sketch designs to share your ideas on how to make things look better.
- An understanding of performance and scale: You should be able to create web applications with security, speed, and scalability in mind.
- Interest/Experience in the entire stack: We are building a lot of nodejs applications and you might need to create some new endpoints to test the UI you just built.
- An open source user: We are focused in utilizing open-source software to solve some of the complicated tasks put in front of us. You should be comfortable in utilizing and/or improving open source software in order to find solutions to fit our development needs.
Submit the following:
- Your resume or curriculum vitae
- A note describing why you are interested in this position at WDT
WDT is an equal opportunity employer
Headquartered in Norman, Oklahoma, Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT) provides organizations with weather analytics and decision support on a global scale. The company utilizes big data solutions to develop and provide weather analytics such as hazardous weather detection and prediction, high resolution forecasts, decision analytics, content for mobile apps as well as interactive mapping. They employ the world-renowned WeatherOps forecast team, staffed by experts who provide global asset protection and commodities trading decision support. Be it asset protection, positioning of goods and services ahead of weather or as response to weather, or simply warning the general public of impending adverse weather, WDT has a product to fit any need.